541 Diamond Street
Heart of Noe. Commute to FIDI or South Bay. Immerse yourself in nature and dwell in fresh modern design.
Set into a lush landscape with sweeping Western views, this custom-made, city retreat has a special site, a secret swatch of green almost invisible from the street but two blocks from one of the city’s most treasured villages: Noe Valley.
With an open, airy design and simple luxurious materials, this home defines itself by its connection to nature, its privacy and glorious light. Sophisticated custom elements build out from the expansive decks, tying the home into the landscape and projecting the living areas into views and sky.
Set back from the street and detached, the home is approached through a lush garden-scape of native plantings and mature trees: a stunning magnolia, fragrant conifers, herbs and succulents are among them. The elaborate decking and stairs, finely crafted of Ipe, complement the handsome Tahoe Chalet Style railings and shingles, beautifully articulating the progress from the indoors to outdoors on every level of the home. The first deck surrounds a pristine unwarranted in-law studio, perfect for guests, office or media lounge. The main house is open to a deck the full width of the home with iconic views of Twin Peaks and the setting sun. Open and lofty, the living, kitchen and dining space, is warmed by a wood burning fireplace. The thoughtful design of the bespoke kitchen makes entertaining and sharing cooking with friends simple: Carrera marble counters, impressive California black walnut bar, open shelving, brand new Bertazzoni range & Fisher Paykel fridge are fitted like a ship’s cabin into the design, organized for maximum usefulness and beauty.
A quiet bedroom and bath sit at the back of the main house with an adjacent office and storage. The top floor is a luxurious Master Suite with huge deck, redwood hot tub and a detached lounge ready for yoga, meditation, art studio or guests.
A one car garage sits at street level and includes space for storage.
Walk to Noe Valley shops and restaurants or Eureka Valley’s Castro Theater, MUNI transportation and other amenities. Many beautiful walks to views and parks surround this very special property.
Features and Fine Materials:
- Two Level Detached, Two Bedroom / Two Bath Main Home
- Glorious Natural Light, Sunset & Twin Peaks Views
- Open Living Dining & Kitchen Open to Gorgeous View Deck
- Choice Materials, Custom Kitchen:
- Bertazzoni, Fisher Paykel, Bosch Kitchen
- California Black Walnut Bar, Cork Backsplash, Carrera Marble Counters, Beach Pebble Flooring
- Richly Finished, Handmade, End-Grain Fir Flooring
- Groovy, ‘70s Style Wood Burning Fireplaces on Each Level
- Studio In-Law with Private Deck and Separate Entrance
- Master Penthouse Suite with Private Deck and Hot tub
- Master Bath
- Carrera Marble Counter, Skylight, Custom Tile, Dual Showerheads
- One Room Detached, Small House at Penthouse Level for Guests, Office, Yoga or Contemplation
- Private One Car Garage
- 93 WalkScore